June is Adopt-A-Shelter-Cat Month! Even if you can’t share your home with a shelter cat, here are 5 ways you can help shelter kitties.
1. Share the awareness…post on your social media pages “June is Adopt-A-Shelter-Cat Month. Save a life: Adopt a cat!” Also post a link to your local shelter.
2. Contact your local shelter or rescue group and ask if they have a donation wish list or other flyer they'd like to you to post around your office or neighborhood. They may be holding special events for Adopt-a-Shelter-Cat Month which you can help promote.
3. Sign up as a foster parent or shelter volunteer then tell your friends how great it is. Contact your local shelter or rescue group…who doesn’t love petting a kitty?
4. Write an op-ed for your local paper about the importance of pet adoption and the great job our shelters are doing.
5. Pass on an understanding of the importance of pet adoption. Talk to your kids, nieces, nephews, grandchildren and everyone about animal shelters and why Adopt-a-Shelter-Cat Month, and pet adoption in general, is important.